Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Learning the change


This week alone has been nuts! I can't believe once month ago I left my family, my friends, my culture, my LIFE for Operations STINT in France... well, ultimately Jesus.

In the last 4 weeks, I have learned a lot about myself - both strengths and weaknesses. God is continuing to teach and refine me through many things - big and little.

...Starting language school, loosing my passport, adjusting to my position in the office, daily accepting the fact that "I am not a tourist, I LIVE IN FRANCE" [it can be hard to do because it almost seems surreal], squaring away finances for start-up costs, personality tests [which are actually fun and help our team get to know each other] meetings, making friends with the local business people, seeing weird looking cars...


So many new things all at once definitely brings, if not forces, growth.

My roommate, Beth, just made a comment while Skyping with her friend, "I do not know what I will look like at the end of this year."

How true is that? Not that I am expecting, at the end of this STINT year, that each of us to be total opposites of who we are today or even when we started a month ago. But there are plenty of scenarios, situations and experiences which cause room for growth - mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I expect and hope for a change; a change for the good. I have already learned a lot - I just need to remember to take time to sort through it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment