Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 67

67 days here already. Recently, I've taken a little time to reflect on this year so far. I'm happy to say I've see myself grown in areas of need, and also see God provide in different ways - community, outside friendships, learning more about who He is as a relational God.

Last Thursday, I went out sharing with one of the Cru staff, who's campus happens to be Disney. We spoke with this newly married gal, who was very colorful with her words and anecdotes.

As we spoke, we learned she had become a believer at a young age. In conversation, her references to God were truths I've known my whole life... yet God seemed to use her to minister to me!

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.


Matthew 11:28-29

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.


1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

Luke 12:7
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

It was a sweet and humbling moment when I realized God was teaching me something through this conversation with a stranger. Because He is a relational God and cares deeply about each one of us He has created. He knows me better than I know my self. Its a wild and peaceful thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment