Monday, June 17, 2013

Addison Olivia Burrell: June * 17th * 2011

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb." Psalm 139:13
 
Two years ago today, a beautiful baby girl was born: Addison Olivia Burrell.

I can't begin to describe the love I have for this little girl - and she's not even my own! Addie's giggles, smiles, fashion sense, her tender and sensitive heart... I just love her!


Two and a half years ago, while living in France, I found out my sister Olivia was pregnant. As a teenager, she wanted a traditional family for the baby and chose the loving option: adoption. And I am so proud of her for doing that; enduring hard times, and wanting to give the gift of life to a precious baby.

By God's grace, a wonderful family - who actually go to our church and live down the street from my parents - were just the family God had intended to raise and care for this sweet girl. They love her SO much!

Again, by God's grace, our lives continue to grow together - I'm aunt Hannah, my parents are Grandma and Grandpa, etc. Really, it's like they've adopted our whole family. Every time I am home, I get to see her. Actually, when the Burrell's were on spring break in Florida, I saw them several times - including them coming to visit me at my office with Jesus Film - which meant a lot to me! 

I am so thankful I still get to be apart of my niece, Addison's life. It truly is a gracious blessing from the Lord.  

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11


Check out this Facebook album of when Addie was born

No comments:

Post a Comment