Monday, January 19, 2015

"Look On Up" #RelientK

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a Relient K concert here in Orlando. I listened to them throughout my middle school, high school, college years and beyond.

They played a new song they have - which I still believe is technically unreleased! But it's so good and relates to our "selfie" obsessed, SnapChat-loving, Instagram driven millennial generation.

Enjoy.



"I remember when a photograph was worth, A thousand words
Now a thousand pictures come my way, Everyday
And I “like” them all the same but they can’t take my breath away
I’m fighting the temptation not to look
But I’m still leafin' through the pages like the world’s my open book
Why don’t I have something else to do?
Feeling trapped behind the viewfinder trying to share it all with you
And that’s not what it’s about; I’m just so tired of missing out
Look on up, to the sky
Wonder why I put a filter between beauty and my eyes
Look on up, to Your eyes
It’s time to put down my devices and start to live my life
I’ll look on up, to the sky"

No comments:

Post a Comment