Monday, March 7, 2011

Wait, where did February go?


As I stare at my Macbook screen, the calendar tells me it is March 7th. Life these past three months has been a blurrrr.

After my sisters visited for Christmas, I visited the grand city of ROME for a weekend with some friends from home. Definitely a city to visit. We went to all the landmarks most tourists see.
The Colosseum

It hit me, though, walking around, in and up into the Colosseum, that this is the last thing many brothers and sisters saw before seeing the Lord. Frightened, tired, ready, scared, beaten, bruised, I am sure they were ready to be done enduring these hardships.
Inside the Colosseum

It made me think of those in closed countries whose experience more modern persecution - they need our prayers!
Reading Romans in Rome outside of the Colosseum

Toward the end of January, I went to Cairo, Egypt with my boss for an operations audit. It was great to meet other staff in our company, gain a vision for what we are doing through operations on a country level and see another historical city! It was a very productive and eye-opening trip. I also rode a camel!
Riding a camel in Giza, Egypt

Praise God our trip ended 2 days before the riots and uproar began! I think God is moving despite these crises. Please be praying for the opportunities that do arise for our team there.

One week later, my team and I were headed to Nerja, Spain for the STINT 'Mid-Year' conference. It was a refreshing time to get out of the daily grind. We reflected on the first half of the year, and regrouped for the coming months. It was awesome to spend time with other Americans our age who are experiencing some of the same things.
My friend Ted, who is teaching english in Spain, came to visit for one day!

Me and my roommates at the 'Balcony of Europe' in Spain. Mountains and beaches = awesomeness.

Straight from Spain, we flew to Turkey for another conference, one we were helping plan and host. It was a little adjustment switching from "attendee" to "host"! It was great to meet nationals in our company, and through out the conference, watch them plan and strategize for the coming year! My main job was the historian of the conference. I took many pictures and videos, which, unfortunately, I can't post due to security.
This is a picture of jewelry and lamps in Istanbul, Turkey. Everything is so colorful!

Working this conference opened my eyes to the possibility of working Conference and Events. It is something I have thought of doing before[In high school, I wanted to be a Wedding Planner!], but this was the first real hands on experience I've had in this area. Maybe this is the type of work God is leading me toward for next year?

As most of you know, the deadline for apply to reSTINT was March 1st. However, I was still not 100% sure where God was leading me [though, I had a good idea.] Since then, I have applied and am waiting to hear back whether I am excepted or not. Only the Lord knows!

I am going to try to utilized this blog more than I have [sorry for that!] so I hope that you [whoever you are] continue to read and I promise to keep more daily events posted! Some friends visited last week [shout out to Katelyn Roskamp and Kristna Pantoja].
Katelyn, Kristina and me at the Sacré-Cœur Basilica

They are both keeping their blogs more up to date as they study abroad in Sevilla, Spain. Kate shared her idea of pulling stories and quotes from her blog posts, to use when she scrapbooks! Smart!


Peace and blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment