Monday, May 16, 2011

Home Stretch

Well friends, as of yesterday, I have one month left overseas. Of those two weeks, I only have 2 more weeks in the office! Last week especially, I kept having bursts of emotion: Excited - to be home with family and friends! Sad - knowing I may never see my French friends again. Curious - what "culture shock" will I experience. Stoked - for new experience in Orlando!

I am amazed at how fast this year has flown by. Seriously. I was just telling a co-worker, when I was a little girl, the drive from Michigan to Ontario, Canada felt like the same distance to Sarasota, Florida. Just a reminder of how short our time here on earth is. MAKE IT COUNT!

It's weird, it doesn't get dark here until around 10pm. Crazy right? I guess, this is as far north, as I have ever lived. During the winter, I'd walk to work at dusk, and walk home in the dark (with my roommates. Don't worry mom, I was safe!) Now it's quite the opposite! That's just a recent observation ... :)

As I start to prepare for this summer, there is lots to do! I'll be working at a conference in Colorado during late July, attending a couple weddings, meeting with supporters to share about my time here in France and what God has in store for Orlando, and just spending time with family and friends. I hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment