Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Merci in November


Life in the Booth household is always crazy, hectic and fun when all seven of us are back under the same roof. With me living at home for a few more weeks and my sisters back from college, Thanksgiving break was great – we even managed a family photo WITH the dogs!


This is my first time home for Thanksgiving in two years. My first year, I spent it across the ocean, living in France. (Side note: France does not sell Turkeys. We bought rotisserie chicken instead to feed to our 29 guests). My team and I hosted a feast for our new friends and explained the meaning of the American holiday. It was a great foundational event that allowed us to get to know our neighbors and some of the locals, on more of a relational level.


Thanksgiving in France 2010
Last year, I spent Thanksgiving in Orlando. I specifically chose to stay because I had randomly met (God’s divine plan) my UK friend, Meena a couple weeks prior. She and I had talked about many things, including American culture. I thought Hello, what other country celebrates AMERICAN Thanksgiving (Keyword: American… I know Canada has a Canadian thanksgiving – a bit different)? Invite Meena to celebrate with you! Which as we all now know, was somewhat of a pivotal point in Meena’s life as she met Bryn and other Christians during our Thanksgiving party!

This year, I was nice to be back home, celebrating with extended family, playing games, watching movies, and doing some Black Friday shopping with my siblings… (Though, I did feel a bit guilty going to Target at 10 pm on Thanksgiving night….) Traditions are still lots of fun.

Waiting in line at Target

Living at home in Michigan this fall, I’ve realized I have much to be thankful for: being home for Thanksgiving, my growing family, having cool hair and knowing how to do it, my new car, the ability to vote, a nice camera to take family pictures, freedom, watching football, meeting friends like Meena and seeing a change in her life, my support team, the use of all five senses, traveling for my job,  and great friends, among many other things. God is so good and always faithful. #Iamthankful

No comments:

Post a Comment