Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"Geek Spring Break": Business cards, tech and interactive strategies and taking over wifi in Austin, Texas (AKA South by SouthWest #SXSW)

SWAG (Stuff We All Get), technology and presentations galor. Such is the life of a participant at South by Southwest interactive festival. #FirstTimeInTexas #SXSW #EarlyMorningsAndLateNights


I think I'm flying back to Orlando with at least 6 pairs of sunglasses. This week was incredibly full of content, people, promotions and information. I've even spotted a few Celebs -  Nick Miller (Jake Johnson) from New Girl and Artie Abrams (Kevin McHale) from Glee. I also heard LeVar Burton, from Reading Rainbow (throw back!) was here - but I didn't see him. #"I'llSeeYaNextTime"

Some of my favorite quotes:

  •   "Comments beat likes because comments are both content and the seed of community" - @ronjdub
  •  "Stop shouting – people are listening to each other talk about you" - Doug Levy
  • " We love what we've made but we want your understanding the potential." - Google Glass (Which is totally applicable to us with Jesus Film Media and our digital platform - including the web and app.)
I'm looking forward to debriefing with my team and learning how we can incorporate what we've learned from all the various sessions, with Jesus Film Media. #IRealizedILikeHastaggingThingsAsFunSummaries #SocialMediaIsInfluencingMyLifeABitMuch

1 comment:

  1. 1. CAN"T BELIEVE YOU MET Nick Miller. 2. Excited you're loving Social Media!! :))

    ReplyDelete