Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Traveling to Asia • 前往亚洲

So today, I get on a plane (well a couple, actually) and head to Asia - Hong Kong, to be specific. I've never been, other than Thailand - but I think that's considered South East Asia.

3 flights. 4 airports. 12 timezone change. 24 hours. 9,158 miles.  And that's just the travel journey there.

I'd love some prayers for the ability to "flick on the nocturnal switch" (Hong Kong is 12 hour time change, and being there for only 3 days will be interesting. I foresee sleeping pills and extra coffee in my future).

Please pray also for networking opportunities to help the participants think creatively about digital ministry and ways they can be innovative in creating new strategies or tools to reach their countries. (Writing the next statement is for accountability) I plan to share some stories as the conference happens so, check back!

I'll be traveling solo - but I wouldn't be surprised if there were other people from my company on my flights as well, who are also going to the conference. Either way, I'd also love prayers for safety and making all my connections. Last time I flew through Tokyo, we were delayed almost 5 hours!

Chelsea, Sabine, Rebecca and me on the beaches of Normandy (October 2010)
While I'm there, I by chance learned that a friend I met while on STINT in France, will be back home in Hong Kong for a visit. Her name is Sabine - we met at church in Paris, which is where she still currently lives. I am hoping to meet up with her during this whirlwind trip! 

Thanks for taking time to read this post and care for me :) Check my blog again for random stories, pictures and other prayer requests. Please feel free to comment below or email me your prayer request too!

No comments:

Post a Comment