Wednesday, April 30, 2014

How to rest... or at least learning how to....

As many of you may know, the last several months have been extreamly busy for me. In the last six months, - not including whatever a "normal" life looks like here in Orlando -
I noted some facts:
  • 6 countries and currencies
  • 7 work related trips
  • 34 flights
Needless to say, I'm tired. Probably more than I'm "letting" myself be. 

There are several verses in the Bible, telling us "Jesus withdrew to pray"... (Mark 1:35, Mark 6:45-46, Luke 5:16, and a few others). I'm sure this was restful for Him and His soul - getting away to be at the feet of His Father.

In the next couple weeks, I'd like to take a personal retreat, like Jesus, and get some much needed rest in. Reading, exercising, cooking, crafting, singing, maybe getting away from electronics for a weekend.... So, if any of you have ideas on what "rest" looks like - please feel free to share! I like to be an active learner :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment