Thursday, June 26, 2014

#coffeetestimony

It's my coffee-iversary. The 2nd one to be exact.

All throughout high school, college and even my two years interning with Campus Crusade, I survived without drinking coffee. (Note: I still don't need coffee to survive, I know, it's just realllllly helpful in the mornings for a "night-owl".)

And then, New Staff Training happened.

Oh how I love Winter Park and Rollins College. So many memories! Early mornings, late nights, seminary classes, lots of reading - oh, and trying to have a social life too. To maximize my summer, I thought I would "give" coffee a try. Mocha... iced mocha, to be exact. Mmm.

The rooms we used for our seminary classes did not allow drinks inside. Sort of by force, my friends and I started "coffee day-care".
We'd drop off our mugs and cups right outside our class door, only to check back in during the break and finish (Towards the end of the week, there were some rebels sitting in the back... and I may have been one of them).

Over time, I've come to appreciate the flavor and warmth of coffee - yes, even beyond a mocha. I've now explored coffees from many of the places I've traveled to - including the Netherlands, Panama and Brazil.
I love my Bodum french press.

It's perfect with a stroopwafel from the Netherlands.

Panamanian Kotowa coffee had the #4 coffee in the world in 2006.

Brazil coffee is generally strong and bold in flavor.

In these last two years, with a cup-a-joe in my hand, I've had many quality conversations, heartfelt quiet times and moments of learning to enjoy the morning hours. (I think I also feel a little more like an adult for liking coffee - haha!) 

Cheers to your next cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment