Monday, September 26, 2011

Ministry at Epcot

Each Friday is our "campus ministry" day. It is unique to other interns experiences because the "students" we talk with are interning at Epcot. There are over 5,000 international interns working at Disney - all starting at various times of the year, so the turn over is relatively quick.

We start in the morning, most importantly in the word together for a devotion. This gets our hearts and minds ready and focused on what's most important - obeying God and bringing Him glory - specifically in our soon-to-follow-ministry. We then have a training time on ways to approach Disney interns, road blocks we may face, creative conversation starters, etc. We then branch out in to our teams: Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.

We then head to the park to eat lunch as a team and pray for each country before walking around and talking with interns about their specific countries. The strategic part is figuring out how to bridge natural conversation to spiritual content. I am SO EXCITED to be focused on the French interns. I feel I can relate to them as I just got back from France, learning a new culture, making new friends, not having a car and even being new to Orlando. I've become facebook friends with several of them and I am hoping to practice French/English with them. I am hoping God will soften their hearts toward Him in the process.

This Friday, after our day of ministry, my roommates and I decided to walk around Epcot. One of my roommates, who is on team Africa, made a friend with a girl from Morocco. It was great to spend time with her and learn more about her life in Morocco, her culture, how she likes her internship and her experience here in America. Spending time with her was so great! It got me excited for the future friendships I know God has in store for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment