Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Distance Coaching Conference

This past month, I was assigned to be the conference administrator for a group of about 40. I worked with the conference speaker/host on the pre-conference tasks like creating the registration website, booking the hotel rooms and organizing meals. I liked doing this because I feel it got my "feet wet" to real conference planning.

These leaders came to Cru head quarters for Distance Coaching Training. Via Skype, email and over the phone, these leaders coach students and volunteers to lead movements of evangelism and discipleship on their campuses. Since these campuses don’t have full time staff, they depend on the leadership of students and volunteers. The coaching they receive is very important for impacting the lives of students involved in these new and growing ministries!

Something my supervisor has said before, '...the work we do in conference and event planning, sends missionaries, who build movements and leaders that fulfill the great commission.' Working on this conference has helped me see that.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent insight Hannah. I am sure you are a blessing to them all. Keep the Blogs coming!

    ReplyDelete