Sunday, November 6, 2011

French Friends

A few weeks ago, I missed a Disney friday due to an event at headquarters. A week or so later, I had a Disney "make-up" day on a Wednesday with a teammate, Evangeline and her daughter Annada. Usually, I never go on Wednesdays!

I ate lunch at the Paris pavilion and ended up meeting a french girl named Pauline. She studied at a university near by and came back to American for the Disney intern program. I mentioned to her I had just moved back from France and wanted to practice my french! Sort of hinting at the idea of hanging out :) I think she caught on because she said "If I wanted to hang out with French people, I would move back to France. I want to meet more Americans!"

We ended up exchanging phone numbers and I invited her to the Halloween party. Unfortunately, she was working late that night and couldn't come. A few days after the party, she texted me and invited me to hang out! I was pretty excited because this was the first intern I've met who has shown an interest in hanging out OUTSIDE of when I see them at Disney. I drove to Disney, picked her up at her apartment and we went out to a restaurant to chat about life. She is a honest person and not afraid to share her views. She speaks English really well! We talked about fun things to do in Orlando, making friends, dating - which lead to what qualities we look for in guys, and eventually the topic of marriage! She told me about her job and asked about mine. It was interesting for me to explain to her about support raising and that my job wants me to stay. On my way home, after I dropped her off at her place, Pauline sent me a text thanking me for hanging and hoping to again soon!

Pauline is also kind of an answer to prayer because when I found out I was accepted to YearOne, I prayed I would meet a French girl who would want to be my friend. I am excited to spend more time with her as the year continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment