Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Be Still My Soul

This morning during my quiet time, I was listening to the awesome music of Page CXVI.


Be still, my soul: your God will undertake
To guide the future, as in ages past.
Your hope, your mind, your will let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's joys restored.

Be still my Soul, Be still my soul (6x)
And praise Him, and praise Him, (4x)

As I reflected, I thought of all the moments God calls me to "be still". It doesn't necessarily mean, just sit in a chair, do nothing and wait for Him to speak to you. (Which would be hard for me to do! I like to keep myself active and working on something... work or for myself.)

What I do think it means is being patient and choosing to trust Him. And in those "still" moments, you can still be worshiping Him, honoring Him, glorifying Him, praising Him... It could be helping your co-worker out with a task, being a good listener to a friend, praying for someone who shared a prayer request with you recently, making time to spend quality time with the Lord, seeking wisdom of an older wise person you look up to... As believers, I think we need to make the conscious choice to do these types of things!

How will you use those moments of being still and waiting for the Lord?


No comments:

Post a Comment