Sunday, August 18, 2013

STINT Briefing: Day 4 and 5

Here are a few more stories and updates from the last couple days:
  • Friday, during our "free afternoon", my team and I got to spend some time with Daniel Myers - a guy who joined staff this summer to work with Jesus Film Media. It was fun to tour the city a bit, with him - a Moody graduate, who knows the city well. As we spent time with him, I reflected on where I was a year ago, in his shoes, starting the support raising process. Will you pray God provides for him quickly, so he can report to our team in Orlando soon?
  • Yesterday, my team and I trained almost 350 STINTers in the foundational features of the Jesus Film Media app. Shortly afterwards, many of them stayed for a more-in depth training/strategy time lead by my co-workers, Danny and Jayson. Not only were we able to answer questions, but also provide ministry ideas for key outreach times like Christmas and Easter, using the JESUS Film as well as other films on our digital tools. It was received so well! I am excited for what God is going to do through this partnership with these missionaries and Jesus Film Media this coming year!
    Me training 350 missionaries with the Jesus Film Media app
  •  Last night, my team and I met with a STINT Team called "Expedition Team" - they are pioneering a new internship. Similar to "The World Race", they are headed to 8 countries to raise up national leaders in various cities. This team is being sent to cities where we don't have capacity to send STINT teams, but they do have national contacts to empower and train in ministry. One of their main partners is Jesus Film - and I am hoping to be a resource to this team as the year progresses.




No comments:

Post a Comment