Friday, September 14, 2012

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus"



On Sunday, this song was played at church. I loved it.

When I drive, it's crazy how many times I find myself on "auto-pilot" driving by places, landmarks and roads I've seen hundreds of times before. As I was driving down a familiar road this morning, I found myself looking off into the distance and up to the clouds in the sky. Amazed by it's great vastness, it's unique beauty, it's unending horizon - I remembered God created all of that. Meaning not only is He creative, but He is HUGE.

He is a big, artistic, creative and caring God. In as much thought that went into that scene I saw for a few moments, how much more does He have precious thought, care, love, patience, and desire for what's best for me.

Often times, I find myself getting caught up in the here and now. I start grabbing at the "steering wheel of life" to steer it myself, rather than trust in where the Lord is leading. Sometimes, I take time to reflect on past life situations and experiences; (which I should do more because...) every single time, He has proven faithful. Looking back on the whole story, I can see where and how God was leading. Hind-sight is always 20/20 right? In reflecting on these moments, I want to continue to grow my trust in Him.


  1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to take Him at His Word;
    Just to rest upon His promise,
    And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
  2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to trust His cleansing blood;
    And in simple faith to plunge me
    ’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
  3. Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just from sin and self to cease;
    Just from Jesus simply taking
    Life and rest, and joy and peace.
  4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
    Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
    And I know that Thou art with me,
    Wilt be with me to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment