Monday, December 17, 2012

Quick Trip to Orlando


This week, I flew down to Orlando in search of housing. I knew God would give me some direction and lead me to where He wants me to be – even if that meant not finding something right away! But I did!

I really wanted to find something close to downtown so I can invest in the people of Orlando, live near the church I will be apart of and get out of the “Cru Bubble” a bit. As a missionary, it’s easy to see your work as your ministry – but that should not be so! Work is work, even though I happen to be a missionary. I want to get involved with the community and church once I get life set up in Orlando.

I will be living with a woman who also works with Crusade so she understands the workload and perspective of the job! I’d met her before, but learned about her need for a roommate through some co-workers. I will be living real close to downtown, the airport and my gym. Overall, I think it will be great!

It was also great to see friends I’ve made from the past year. It’s nice to know I have a solid group of people in my line of work and in my season of life to do life with when I move there in January.

What’s next on the agenda? Finishing my seminary class that I have been taking simultaneously while raising support. It’s been challenging and educational, as I’ve learned about the New Testament. While I am thankful to be taught these biblical foundations, I will be relieved when the final exam is over! I would love some prayers for finishing, and finishing well.

Until next week…

No comments:

Post a Comment