Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Support! Road Trip! Orlando!

Sunday night, I got an email, confirming their partnership with me as I've joined staff with Jesus Film, which helped me reach my initial goal! Praise the Lord! I've been working on this for about 6 months now and have been praying to finish by early January. Is God's timing perfect or what?!

The timing of this is crazy, as my car was packed, ready to head to Orlando Monday morning.

My sister, Gracie and I started the drive down to Florida, stopping in Atlanta (after about 12 hours) for the night with some life-long friends, the Clines. Mrs. Cline is the definition of hospitality in my book. After a home cooked meal, there were even candies waiting for us on our pillows in the guest room. It was a good visit - a home away from home.

This morning, after some good conversation with Mrs. Cline, we continued on our adventure. After another 8 hours of driving (including checking five gas stations at one stop just to find smoothie drinks), we pulled into my new living accommodations. Ruth, my new roommate was so helpful in aiding Gracie and me unload my car. Due to timing and such, I actually won't be officially moving in until February. For the next week or so, I'll be staying with friends and hopping around various places until I leave for my trip, which extends until the end of the month.

THEN, the 1st of February, I can start the real "unpacking" process.

So for now, if you feel led to, would you pray for a few things?

1. Just the overall transition back to Orlando. I have many friends to see again, and start getting connected to my new neighborhood. Also, missing my family - family is forever, but I still miss them.
2. For my trips coming up - adjusting to time changes, safety in traveling, health, and connecting and sharing the Jesus Film Media app with STINTers who will be working first hand with people in other countries.
3. That the rest of my support would continue to come in. Many have pledged amounts, but what is most helpful is when they sign up :) And if people still feel called to join my team, that they would do so!
4. My "First Day of Work" is next Monday, January 14th. I'm excited to see what I can start working on!

More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment