Friday, January 4, 2013

Enjoying Christmas and Preparing for Upcoming Transitions

So it's been a little while since I've blogged. Mainly because life has been so busy, full and preparing for transitioning to Orlando!

Christmas was good to see family, buy presents for people (I love gifts! Giving and receiving) and snow! It's been a while since I've experienced a "White Christmas". It was different this year as many cousins are now married with kids and live far away.

New Years was so fun (I also completed my 2012 picture a day album on Facebook)! It was my first time spending New Years Eve in Grand Rapids. The four years of college (2006-2009) were spent at Indy Christmas Conference as a student with Campus Crusade.  2010 was spent overseas while on STINT and last year in 2011, I rang in the New Year again at the Indy Christmas Conference, this time as an intern.
New Years 2010 - Interlaken, Switzerland
I was able to introduce my boyfriend, JP, to many close friends from Grand Valley (though several were also out of town), go snowboarding and show him around Grand Rapids. It's a great city with much to offer. Eventually, we headed back to Northville and spent some time with my family, watching movies, sledding, exchanging Christmas presents and sharing good conversation.


After he headed back to Chicago, I started the packing process for Orlando. And it's quite a process! I've decided against installing a trailer hitch to my little Mazda3, to instead ship a few boxes to my new place in Orlando. I'm really not bringing much, as my new housing is furnished and I am borrowing a bed and dresser for a while. All my other belongings just won't fit in my car :)

Packing up my clothing was kind of exhausting.
I LEAVE EARLY MONDAY MORNING, January 7th and begin the trek to Orlando. My sister, Gracie - who recently graduated from Central Michigan University, will be helping me make the drive! Our goal is to be in Orlando at least by Wednesday, with some stops on the way.

For the first week, I will be staying with friends, as my new roommate's current roommate doesn't leave till AFTER I head out for MidYear Conferences. Logistics of moving my things into my room will be tricky, but I am thankful for helpful friends to make the move happen.

It really won't be until February 1st that I really get to start settling in to my new abode. BUT I would still love getting mail! I feel like that always helps make the new location seem more like home. I will be sending out my new address in an email very soon.

As early January brings fresh and new beginnings, I thought I'd share some New Years Resolutions or Goals.
1. Floss my teeth - I think this has been a resolution for the last 6 years... one I've yet to accomplish.
2. Stretch each night before going to bed. It helps the body relax and be more flexible!
3. No pop. Not that I drank much anyways, but water is always the best choice.
4. Read at least one chapter of the Bible a day and take time to meditate on it. It's the active WORD of God. I totally take it and my freedom to own a copy of it, for granted.
5. Just try to smile more often. 

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah....you forgot one event...dinner with the Hawksford's...JK! We are excited for your new adventure and are praying you through all the transistions! We are asking that God before you as your travel with your sissy, say your goodbyes, get to FL, unpack/pack/unpack, and start your new job. We are so proud of you and blessed to know you! Have fun and know that we are praying for YOU! Love, the Hawksfords

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I could never forget! We laughed so much that night. Thanks again for having us all over! Thank you also for your prayers and friendship. Love you guys!

      Delete
  2. Flossing is spectacular. I heard that if you had to pick just one to do, flossing or brushing, you should pick flossing. While that factoid didn't lead me to abandon brushing, I added in flossing, and it feels great! I also just resolved a 2.5 year insurance battle with my dentist and am out $300, which is a good dental care motivator.

    Praying for your travels!

    ReplyDelete