Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankfulness - Day 6 and 7: Adventure, True Peace and Spiritual Conversations

I am thankful for adventure - memories, pictures, cultures, meeting new people, trying new food - there are always good stories that come from adventure!

I am thankful for true peace that only God can give. One of my bags was lost on a flight - in it are important things like my computer charger, SLR digital camera and gifts for missionaries I'm visiting. I'm choosing to rest in the peace of God, knowing HE knows exactly where it is and if/when it will be returned to me. Prayers for this would be appreciated!

I am thankful for spiritual conversations. This is something I develop ministry strategies using film, for these types of conversations in my "everyday office job". This morning, I met a girl on my flight, Marrieke, who was wearing a sweatshirt for the University/town I was traveling to. In the course of our gate-waiting, flight and train ride, we became friends (even on Facebook!), talked about University (College) life, work which led to spiritual things. In my small group from church, we've just started a study looking at the gospel more in-depth. Having this fresh on my mind and heart, God led me to share what the "gospel" is to her - as it can be a 'Christianese' word, that we sometimes don't take time to explain. Please pray with me that Marrieke will get connected to the Cru (Life Agapé) ministry here at her University (of which I have staff friends to connect her with!).


I am also thankful for the STINT partnerships that have developed with Jesus Film Media. They are the ones who help field test these ministry strategies using film - specifically internationally and across many different cultures. I am looking forward to field testing with the team in The Netherlands soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment