Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thankfulness - Days 22 and 23: Spanglish and Dried Fruit

I am thankful for Spanglish. In my time here in Panama, I am rooming with two girls, students, from El Salvador. Ellie speaks a good amount of English and Marcela speaks a little. Funny enough, I've spent the last couple nights, talking more with Marcela - both of us learning and practicing each others languages.


Ellie is on my left and Marcela is on my right. We are sporting some Indigitous conference SWAG!

I am thankful for dried fruit, like raisins and banana chips, that travel well. Sometimes, the places we travel, we cannot eat the the fruit and vegetables because they are washed - and we don't know if our stomachs can handle the local water.

I bought these raisins in Sweden 2 weeks ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment